Filed under People

21 Savage reveals he’s British and ICE arrests him

BRUNSWICK, OH- Stunning his fans, rapper, 21 Savage was arrested by the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) on Sunday, February 3rd. With his arrest, this revealed that 21 Savage is a British citizen and overstayed his visa. Just days after singing on national television against President Trump’s policy on family separation. After hearing about his detention, fans took to Twitter with memes, making light of the situation. The rapper who is currently nominated for 2 Grammys, is now facing impending deportation.

“Mr. Abraham-Joseph is presently in ICE custody in Georgia and has been placed into removal proceedings before the federal immigration courts,” ICE explains in a statement.

According to ICE, 21 Savage, born She’yaa Bin Abraham-Joseph, entered the country legally in July of 2005 with parents when he was 12 years old. He stayed after his visa expired a year later in July of 2006. Although that is what ICE says, 21 Savages lawyers have said that he has came to the US much earlier, they claim he came at the age of 7.

Immigration attorney, Charles Kuck, has said that his client has a U-Visa application pending with the US Citizenship and Immigration Services. The visa was applied for in 2017, 4 years after the rapper was reportedly shot 6 times in an incident which resulted in his friend dying. The U visa is a United States nonimmigrant visa which was made for victims of crimes who have suffered mental or physical abuse while in the U.S.

21 Savage isn’t a risk nor a danger to the United States. He has three children that are US citizens, four siblings that are either US citizens or permanent residents, also a mother who is a permanent resident, his lawyer claims. 21 Savage is still being held in the custody of ICE and is awaiting deportation.