A homecoming week in paradise

BRUNSWICK, OH- The week of homecoming brings a busy schedule to BHS. Spirit week begins on Monday, the football game and pep rally are Friday, the dance is on Saturday, and somewhere in between, nail appointments are scheduled and last-minute shoes are purchased. Despite the busyness though, homecoming week is a favorite for BHS students, as it gives them the opportunity to hang out with friends, as well as show school spirit throughout the week.

This year’s homecoming spirit days are as follows: USA day on Monday, jersey/Cleveland day on Tuesday, pajama day Wednesday, twin day Thursday, and Brunswick blue and white on Friday.

Friday’s blue and white spirit day is well-timed due to the pep rally, and homecoming game later in the day. The pep rally will be held on Friday at 1:15, featuring a tug of war competition between grade levels. Tickets can be purchased for $2, with $1 of each ticket going to charity. Due to the pep rally, the school day will also be on an adjusted schedule.

Brunswick also takes on Solon in the 2018-2019 homecoming football game on Friday. The festivities begin at 7 PM, including the announcement of homecoming court, as well as a performance of the national anthem and alma mater by Brunswick’s Marching Blue Devils, and Mixed Symphonic Choir. Pre-sale tickets to the game are available for $4 in the Athletic Office beginning Wednesday September 26th.

Last but certainly not least, “A Night in Paradise” is Saturday September 29th. Tickets to homecoming are $20, and interested students must have their IDs with them, and their student fees paid. Tickets to “A Night in Paradise”, brought to BHS by Student Council, begin sale on Wednesday September 19th.

With homecoming on the horizon, students can look forward to spirit days, a pep rally, and the game, before what may be a stressful Saturday for some. Remember to have fun, make good choices, and make it a week in paradise!