• August 21Follow us on Twitter, @TheDevilier

Filed under [Our] World News

Coachella 2018

INDIO, CA- The Coachella music festival is a big hit among music lovers and desert lovers. Coachella is one of the most popular music festivals that takes place in the Coachella Valley near Indio, California. Spending weekends in the desert with some of music’s biggest artists.

This year, Coachella 2018 weekend one and weekend two tickets sold out in 35 minutes. The general admission tickets, that were quickly gone, are sold for $429. Although this happens every year, it is no surprise that 2018 tickets sold out months in advance.

The Coachella lineup was released on January 2nd, leaving social media users and music fans excited for what’s to come. The lineup features headliners such as The Weeknd, Beyonce, and Eminem. The rest of the list includes: Migos, SZA, Alt-J, Tyler the Creator, Post Malone, blackbear, Cardi B, Miguel, French Montana, LANY, 6LACK, Vance Joy, Amine, Russ, and Daniel Caesar, to name a few. The lineup includes many artists at the top of the charts but also includes many artists who have small fan bases with fantastic music. Many festival goers strictly buy tickets for not so well known bands who fortunately will be receiving more recognition after performing in the desert. One of the main reasons Coachella is so popular is the fact that it caters to almost every music genre. Mostly featured at the festival is RNB, rap/hip-hop, rock and roll, EDM, and the most popular, indie rock.

Music is not the only thing that people look forward to at Coachella. Many influencers, such as actors, actresses, models, Instagram models, Youtubers, and even artists who are not performing, attend the festival for non stop partying and most importantly, festival style fashion.

According to Racked.com, “People really think about what they’re going to wear now,” posits Vanessa Spence, design director of British e-tailer ASOS. “The viewpoint on festival as a season has changed. People want to dress up and plan their outfits.” Taylor Bennett agrees: “People now think when they pack, ‘How will this photograph?” The main focal points of the festival has now turned into the outfits being worn and the social media pictures being taken. According Racked.com, “Social media—Instagram in particular—has played a huge role in the rise of festivals. “People are constantly documenting not just what’s on stage, but also what their friends are doing,” says Noisey style editor Kim Taylor Bennett, who’s been covering the music industry for nearly a decade and a half. “They’re not as concerned with the experience as much as they are with what they’re going to project later on social media.The boho, indie chic outfits spotted at Coachella must always be photographed. Why? Because if the festival guests didn’t post it on social media, did they even wear it?

The Coachella fun starts on the weekend of April 13th and ends on the weekend of April 20th. With the music lineup released, 2018’s Coachella Music Festival already looks like a winner. See you in the desert! Photo Credit: Billboard.com