• January 10Follow us on Twitter, @TheDevilier & on Instagram, @bhsdevilier

Filed under 2017-2018, Archives

Advancing in Art

Back to Article
Back to Article

Advancing in Art

BRUNSWICK, OH- Brunswick High School has an art program that has been quickly expanding over the years with new classes and more advanced classes. With two more AP courses being added for the upcoming 2018-2019 school year, this will be a total of four AP art courses that will be offered.

The courses that are offered will be, AP Art History, AP Studio 2D, AP Studio 3D  and AP Drawing.

“Having more classes gives students different opportunities and different ways of learning about art” says Mrs. Scheutzow who teaches AP Art History.  The purpose of the course is to explore and examine the history of art from ancient times to present day in order to gain an understanding of art historical concepts.

AP Studio Art is a performance-based course for students who want to create college level work or are interested in a career in the arts. AP art classes are more independent and you can use the techniques you’ve learned in the past for more individual and original work. At the end of the year, you will submit a portfolio that you have created, instead of taking a written AP exam.

“By offering all four AP classes, this is opening up opportunities for students and providing experiences to expand art education, while giving the students credit for college and art school” says Mrs. Andes, who teaches the studio based classes.

These classes also include a field trip to the Cleveland Art Museum and lots of art contests that you can enter. If you are looking for new ways to expand your art skills and are maybe interested in a career in the arts, sign up for AP art classes to receive credit