• October 28Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, @TheDevilier

Theatre department’s Frankenstein 1930 is highly anticipated

(From left to right) juniors Megan Green, Julia Gloege, Madeline Fujimura, and senior Tyler Martin pose with props at a rehearsal of the BHS production of Frankenstein 1930.

Melissa Dulik

Melissa Dulik

BRUNSWICK, OHIO- Anyone looking for a scary good time this weekend, look no further: the BHS theatre department’s production of Frankenstein 1930 is here. Written by Fred Carmichael, the play follows Victor Frankenstein and his experiment with lab creation, The Creature.

The BHS production features a number of familiar faces from around the school, and thespians within the department. Senior Tyler Martin plays Victor Frankenstein, and junior Bennett Goots is The Creature. Other BHS theatre veterans include juniors Maggie Raiff, Zach Monczewski, and Cassidy Green, playing their respective roles of Gorgo, Henry Lovitz, and Jalna.

New faces grace the stage as well, including freshman Maya Ursem. “I am really looking forward to seeing the show come together in front of an audience for the first time,” said Ursem, who plays Berta in Frankenstein 1930, “I am also excited to show people what we have been working so hard [on] for such a long time.”

Seeing some of his friends perform onstage this weekend, junior Matt Dietrich is also very excited. “It looks amazing,” said Dietrich, “Just today I got to see a part of the stage set up and it looks very cool! [I] can’t wait!”

“From the bits of rehearsals that I have seen it is looking fantastic! All of the cast has really done a great job going into depth with their parts and portraying their characters on stage,” said sophomore set crew member Dana Delaney, “I cannot wait for the audience to see it!”

Many students cannot wait for Frankenstein and his Creature to appear at BHS this weekend. Want to know what all the enthusiasm is about? Come to the James J. Hayas Performing Arts Center this Thursday, Friday, or Saturday (November 16, 17, or 18) at 7 PM. Tickets are $6 for students, and $8 for adults. Come for a great show, and to support your peers; it is sure to be a frighteningly good time!