• October 28Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, @TheDevilier

Filed under Breaking News, Showcase

Rally in the Alley

Tonight is Friday night, which means a game under the lights for the community of Brunswick. The Brunswick varsity football team plays at home against Shaker Heights today beginning at 7:00. Since the team’s win against Austin Town Fitch last Friday, the team is ready to bring home another win for Brunswick.

The community is just as excited for the game as the players and coaches. Brunswick City School District will host a Rally in the Alley before the game against Shaker Heights today, September 8th, at 5:00. The rally will be held in the Performing Arts Center courtyard. The event will run until 6:45 and then the football game will follow. The rally will include games, activities, face painting, food, music, balloon animals, inflatables and appearances from the marching blue devils and cheerleaders to help make the event a success.

Student Council, Voft, the National Guard, and Career Based Intervention all helped donate to make this event a fun night for the community to come together. Over 3,000 hot dogs, buns, and water bottles are on stock ready for tonight’s festivities.

“We are excited to continue our tradition of school spirit, spending time together as a community,  while emphasizing the PRIDE that Brunswick exhibits every single day amongst their faculty and students,” says Dawn Thompson, voft advisor and teacher at Brunswick high school.

Along with fun games, there will also be a fundraiser for the victims of Hurricane Harvey and Irma. Voft and student council will be selling mini footballs for $5 each at the rally. Every dollar the football sales raise will go directly to the Red Cross. These footballs will be your chance to win prizes at the football toss at the end of the first quarter of the game. Individuals who buy footballs to help the victims will have a chance to throw their ball into garbage cans on the track to win prizes such as concession stand money, a theatre season pass, homecoming tickets, prom tickets, football blitz cards, student sports pass (a pass that will allow students to enter ten home games for any sport for free!), shirts and much more!

Parents, students, teachers, and all citizens of Brunswick will not want to miss this event tonight at 5:00. The rally will build the pride in the community and in the schools along with pumping up the community for the football game. Come support your blue devils along with making unforgettable memories with your community! Go devils!