• October 28Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, @TheDevilier

Filed under Sports

Indians spring training

Trevor Bauer pitching during the Indians game against the Mariners

MLB

MLB

BRUNSWICK, OH – As the winter blues are kicking in, people are looking for signs of Spring. One sign that Spring is coming is that the Cleveland Indians have reported for their spring training. The off-season is coming to an end, and the players have reported to Goodyear, Arizona. Along with the Cincinnati Reds, the Cleveland Indians train and practice at Goodyear Ballpark in preparation for the season. After making it to the World Series in the 2016 season, the Indians are looking to come back even stronger than before and make another World Series appearance.

The newest addition to the team this season is first baseman, Edwin Encarnacion.

Encarnacion is already starting to feel at home and stated

“I made the decision to come here, because here I have the opportunity to win the World Series. This team, they look great and I think they have great, young talented players here. We have a lot of opportunity to be in the World Series again and win it.

After being out for most of last years season due to shoulder surgery, left fielder Michael Brantley is set to return for this upcoming season. He is currently in the rehabilitation process and is working his way towards batting practice. Grady Sizemore is also coming back to the Indians, but instead of playing like he did years ago, he will be an advisor for the player development department. Sizemore stated,

I kind of just want to absorb as much as I can. I don’t know anything other than playing, so I’m going to learn a whole lot at once here, but it’s fun.”

The first pre-season game for the Indians was Saturday February 25th against the Cincinnati Reds and they won all 3 games against them but then fell the to Mariners on March 1st. Every Cleveland fan is hoping for another successful season for the Indians, and hopefully a World Series title.