• October 28Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, @TheDevilier

Filed under A&E

2016 fall TV preview

'AHS' Season 6 promo

'AHS' Season 6 promo

'AHS' Season 6 promo

BRUNSWICK, OH ― The fall TV season is approaching fast, with new arrivals and old veterans alike. Viewers have been long-anticipating the premieres of their favorite shows, as well as notable rookie programs. Whatever you may tune into, though, there is one thing that stands out above all other factors; the feeling of familiarity. A handful of these shows have been running for over 10 years, some longer than that. Many deserve the stretch while others might have reached their final days. However, regardless of run-time, people find solace in their favorite television programs to a point in which they look forward to it every week. Some might define it as their “let loose night,” or their “most-cherished day of the week.” The wide-range spectrum of shows is limitless, with a few reaching top budget heights, tipping the charts at sometimes over $10 million an episode. This includes shows such as Game of Thrones, ER, Friends, and Lost. Even though only one of those programs is still airing, each defies the laws of production and what comes with it, money being the most important.

Currently, there are several TV premiere dates that have people buzzing with excitement. These consist of: Grey’s Anatomy, Supernatural, The Walking Dead, How to Get Away With Murder, Bones, American Horror Story, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Bob’s Burgers, Once Upon a Time, and The Vampire Diaries. Some upcoming freshmen shows include The Exorcist, Speechless, Van Helsing, Son of Zorn, and This Is Us.

One of the most-anticipated shows is The Exorcist (2016). This is a modern revival of the classic 1973 version, hopefully having the same psychological effect as the original. It will air Friday nights this fall.

The spotlight also shines on season 6 of American Horror Story, season 6 premiering tonight on FX. Although the theme was not directly announced, numerous teasers have been released to give an insight on the reigning champion. However, there’s one problem. All but one teaser reveals the actual center point, the rest having nothing to do with the season. This leaves the fans of the show pretty suspicious, hence why people are coming up with countless predictions as to what the writers have in store for them.

All in all, the fall TV season is almost upon us, so mark your calendars and clear your weeknights, because your show hole is about to be no more.