• October 28Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, @TheDevilier

Seventeen years of silence, broken.

BRUNSWICK, OH – Growing up, we’ve heard the stories of the Columbine school shooting, most seniors being babies when it happened. Susan Klebold, mother of Dylan Klebold, one of the Columbine shooters, has broken her silence after 17 years and had an interview with . This interview was roughly 40 minutes and consisted of her telling the story of her son and the awful pain she’s had to endure because of his actions.

Susan, like many other parents, didn’t know there was anything wrong with her son, Dylan, she stated, “Dylan was a gentle, sensible kid. No one in our family had ever owned a gun. How in the world could he be part of something like this?” Calling him the “Sunshine kid” when he was a child.

If you’ve never heard of Columbine, it was a high school shooting that took place on April 20, 1999 in Littleton, Colorado. The two perpetrators were Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris. This was a murder-suicide, killing 13 people; one teacher and 12 students, before ending their own lives.

Throughout Susan’s interview, she talks about how Dylan was a sweet child and an honor roll student. She never thought he would have been someone who would do such actions. Eric Harris’ parents have still refused to talk. Psychologists in the interview talk about how Eric and Dylan had a very toxic friendship that no one knew about, stating that they both were very manipulative.

Susan Klebold and her husband were in hiding for a while due to all the threats and hate they were receiving for their son’s actions. Susan did end up writing a raw and honest novel,  called, A mother’s reckoning: Living in the aftermath of tragedy.

April 20, is a day that will live in infamy.

Sue Klebold [Left], mother of Dylan Klebold [Right], has her first interview after her son commits a mass shooting 17 years ago.

Susan Klebold