• October 28Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, @TheDevilier

Filed under [Our] World News

Tragedy in Dayton

BRUNSWICK, OH – Dayton, Ohio, a place very close to home, where a pastor at St. Peters Missionary Baptist church, was shot dead in an office by his brother. Daniel Schooler has been arrested and stated that his brother, William Schooler, “was the intended and only target.”

This awful crime that was committed took place this past Sunday on February 28, during church hours. A woman and member of the church called 911 while getting everyone out of the church, “It wasn’t a minute and I heard two shots, and I just got everybody out of the church,” she said. There were roughly 20 people in the church that Sunday, everyone got out safely.

Daniel Schooler is being held at Montgomery county jail without bail; investigators have yet to find a motive for the shooting. As of Monday, he is being faced with a murder charge.

William Schooler was a much loved former school teacher, principal, and school board member. A friend of William Schooler’s stated that, “He had deep roots in the community,” and “he was a beloved leader.”

Daniel Schooler, age 68, was accused on Feb. 28 of killing his brother, William Schooler, age 70.

CNN